Thursday 15 August 2013

The Digit-al Dozen Does Fashion: Chevrons and Dots

Purchased by Me

Morning ladies and gents!

Here we are in Day 4 of the Digit-al Dozen's Fashion Week and I am back at it today with another outfit inspired post. I stumbled upon the blog Happily Grey and instantly fell in love with her creative style. I found this post and although I don't think I could ever quite pull off the outfit I thought it would make for some wild nail art!

Fashion Nails


Now it kind of looks random, but check out the outfit,



Blue polka dotted shirt, with some wild black, white and orange pants!

Fashion Nails
Fashion Nails


For the 'shirt' nails I started off with China Glaze Splish Spalsh and then added the dots with a small dotting tool and Pure Ice French Kiss. The 'pants' nails were a little harder, I started off with Cult Nails Tempest my favourite white creme. Then using my small cut down nail art brush I started painting on the chevrons with Zoya Kafuda and Wet n Wild Black Creme. I was careful to leave empty white chevrons so I could speckle them after to get the effect of the pattern. Once they were done I added the white strips in the black and orange chevrons. Coat of Seche and I was good to go!

Fashion Nails
Fashion Nails


It might seem random, but I'm actually digging how different these prints are next to each other! The contrast is quite interesting, and I think that's what makes it unique. I never would have paired these together without this week so I'm super happy for the challenge!

What are your thoughts on this contrasting nails?! I hope you're having a great end to your week! Check out the rest of the participants below!



4 comments:

  1. I love these nails! I like the idea of contrasting colors and patterns and I think the overall look is really balanced! Especially since both brighter colors were shimmery, great work! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving the chevrons, they're so intricate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it looks amazing! And pretty time consuming :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! The detail on this is awesome! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...