Sunday 15 July 2012

Aphrodite Lacquers SandBar Collection

Good Morning! Today I've got my picks from Aphrodite Lacquers SandBar Collection. I originally saw swatches of these on Chalkboard Nails and almost immediately rushed to get a few for myself. I wore these beauties, but just haven't posted them yet! Silly Me! So let's get onto the jelly goodness!


First up we have Ambrosia. Which might be my favourite in the collection.This is a delicate light pink jelly base with darker purple and gold hex glitter and smaller gold microglitter. I think the contrast of the pink jelly and purple glitter makes this one really unique. I used 3 coats here, and it applied really evenly. It builds to a beautiful, squishy opacity that I love.



Next up we have the beautiful Blue Lagoon. This is a super sparkly blue jelly with three different kinds of blue glitter. I think some of the small micro glitter is holographic which gives this an absolutely beautiful sparkle. This was the sheerest polish of the bunch, needing 4 coats for this swatch. There is still a little bit of visible nail line. However because it is so sheer, the depth of the polish is amazing and the glitter really shows up even when it is buried. I would probably layer this over a similar blue next time I wear it so there is not at much visible nail line.



Finally we have Rum Runner. This is a deep berry jelly with multiple kinds of pink glitter. I love how rich and luscious this looks. It reminds me of a berry fruit. Combine that with the jellyness and this polish looks good enough to eat. (I'm kidding here, please don't eat your polish.) I used 2 coats here and I had no issues with dragging or glitter application.


I love all three of these and think that the names are just perfect for summer. I really like how they correspond to yummy drinks. I can see myself wearing these sitting by the pool, or more preferably on a gorgeous beach somewhere!

These can be purchased on Rebecca's Etsy shop for $8.00 USD for full size 15mL bottles. When I checked all three of these were in stock! I would head over and get some as well as like her on Facebook to keep up with news of shop openings and new colours.

Do you love jellies like these? Do you own any of these gorgeous polishes? Are you heading over there now to purchase some? I don't blame you. ;)

Hope you are all having a very relaxing Sunday! We're down to the final few days to enter my Jamberry Nail Shield Giveaway! Get those entries in!

20 comments:

  1. I already own Rum Runner but may need to add some of the others to my wish list ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE Blue Lagoon, such awesome blue squishiness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fabulous. This was the fussiest of the bunch, but I absolutely love the outcome.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous! Blue Lagoon is my favorite. So squishy looking!! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knoooww! The squishyness gets me every time. Too beautiful for words!

      Delete
  4. I love all them! So juicy and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them all, don't own any yet! But I love jelly finishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should probably change that ;) I love jellies too!

      Delete
  6. I bought margarita a long time ago and I love it! It was my first indie polish :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love how amazingly squishy these look! great pickups girl :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! The squishyness is just perfection!

      Delete
  8. Lovely polishes - are they on sale in the UK do you know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You can ship them to the UK! Click on the link to her Etsy shop in my post and then you can order the ones you would like! I think it is just over $6 USD to ship anywhere outside of North America!

      Delete
  9. SO gorgeous!! I would luv to try these. Are they for natural nails?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Julie! They really are. They are for natural nails! If you click on the links at the bottom of my post it will take you to where you can purchase them!

      Delete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...