Friday 20 April 2012

Elemental Styles E=mc^2

Morning! Today I have another one of my Elemental Styles purchases to show you. This is from the same collection as yellow cake and is equally as awesome! Presenting


E=mc^2


elemental-styles-e=mc2

Whitney's description of the polish is,

"E=mc^2 is a light grey based polish that includes various sizes of black and silver hex glitters! This polish goes on opaque in just 2 coats (first 3 photos show 2 coats, last one on a nail wheel shows 3 coats) and is named for the 99th element einsteinium!

Einstein is one my my favourite scientists ever and I wanted to make a cool white/grey based polish with black glitter to honour his crazy hair!"

I think she managed to capture his hair really well! The polish dried with a bit of a pearly finish. There is micro silver and black glitter, medium sized black hex glitter, square silver glitter and large black hex glitter. My swatches are 2 coats with 1 coat of  NYC top coat.

elemental-styles-e=mc2

elemental-styles-e=mc2

elemental-styles-e=mc2



I really like this take on all the black and white glitters that have been popping up everywhere. Since the base is a gray it's something we haven't seen before :) Also this polish wasn't that hungry. I only used the one coat of NYC and it was just slightly gritty to the touch. Using two coats of top coat would solve this problem.

elemental-styles-e=mc2

E=mc^2 can be purchased from Elemental Style's Etsy shop. It is $7.50 for a full 15mL bottle or $4.00 for a mini 5mL bottle. All her polishes are 3-free, the ingredients are listed right on the bottle so you know exactly what you are getting. She is currently out of stock with this polish, but has a number of other available that are gorgeous.

Do you like the black and white glitter polish trend? What do you think of this one?

Sincerely Stephanie

10 comments:

  1. looks cool, but it really needs top coat!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used one coat of NYC top coat on these, but you're right it could use another coat of NYC or just SV. I was only wearing this for an hour or so, so I didn't want to use my precious SV lol

      Delete
  2. Though I like the look of this polish, I like my nails smooth feeling... this one looks like it has some texture to it.
    But, man, I'm a sucker for these shades of blue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's coming up looking so much gritter than it was IRL lol but yes it would probably need 2 coats to be fully smooth.
      I'm such a sucker for blues too, I see anything blue and I instantly want it haha

      Delete
  3. hmmm... it looks bluish on my screen?? is it just my computer or is it greyish-blue?? because I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I love it! I did wonder if it was grayish-blue too, and I think that tinge of blue makes it just that little more interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this!! I have a mini bottle.. wish I'd purchased the larger one!!

    ReplyDelete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...