Friday 13 April 2012

Care For Some Kaviar on Fish Egg Friday?

Hey everyone!


Today is Fish Egg Friday. This means that a number of bloggers will be posting their Kaviar nails as a way to show you how to get the look for less! If you haven't heard by now this week the company a company which will not be named, has put out their own version of this look has contacted a number of bloggers with bascially a cease and desist email about using the words Kaviar manicure/nails (kaviar with a C though). For more information regarding this please read [THIS] post. The look was originally created by Dashing Diva way back in 2011 and was blogged about by  ThePolishExchange and The Blay Report.


Now that that's out of the way onto the nails!


caviar-nails


I did a bit of a different take on my Fish Egg nails. I did a fish egg graident here and today I wanted to do a half moon Kaviar. I started with a coat of Wet n Wild's Black Creme. Then I freehanded on a half moon shape in Essence's You Belong to Me. This is a really pretty blue mint colour with a hint of shimmer. Then I took my Clear microbeads from Michael's and sprinkled them onto the wet polish. Since the black was already dried they didn't stick there :) I had planned on adding black microbeads to the black area, but I really liked the texture without any beads there.


caviar-nails


caviar-nails


I love how these clear beads have a mother of pearl effect and you can still see the dreamy blue from underneath.


caviar-nails




These beads can be purchased from any craft store or any store that sells scrapbooking supplies. The ones I purchased were from Michael's and came in a pack of 6 colours for $11.99 CAN and then I used a 50% off coupon that Michael's always seems to have. I have also seen them at various stores like Wal-Mart. If you like this then head to a craft store and pick up some microbeads! 


Do you like my different take on the Fish Egg or Kaviar nails?
What are your thoughts on the company's behaviour?


Make sure you check out the rest of the awesome bloggers who are participating in Fish Egg Friday!


Sammy from The Nailasaurus, Salla from OMG Polish'Em, Esther from Fab Fingertips, Jeanette from The Swatchaholic, Emily from The Lacquerologist, Christina from Starlett Approved, Danielle from Polish. Glitter. Rock & Roll!, Anna from Pretty Digits, Susan from The Subtle Shimmer, Melissa from Adventures of a Nail Tech, Ivana from Ivana Thinks Pink, A Lacquered Affair, Cristina from Let Them Have Polish, Jen from The PolishAholic, Colour is Magic


And a big thanks to Kayla from Nails by Kalya Shevonne for creating this beauty!





20 comments:

  1. Great idea to do a half moon mani Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this variation of fish egg nails :) Been great chatting to you on twitter too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these beads Steph! I looked around the biggest craft store you can get in the uk (Hobbycraft) and they didn't have any of these. I'm gonna go on a massive hunt for some more this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I'm so shocked by that! They are literally everywhere here! I hope you can find them :)

      Delete
  4. oh i LOVE those beads. these look so good. i'm gonna have to buy more beads. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doo it!! Thanks! They look way cooler than I thought they would in the bottle lol!

      Delete
  5. Cool halfmoons fish eggs nails, so original :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the fish eggs with the half moon, it looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kat! I thought it was a little edgy and different!

      Delete
  7. I really like this!!! I need to grab some beads and try a "kaviar" (hahaha) mani! PS: loved the graphic :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lacey! You for sure should try the Kaviar :)

      Delete
  8. This is so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! The half moon is so cool, and I'm just so proud of all the nail bloggers sticking up for what they know is right! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! I'm so proud of our community for banding together so quickly! It really shows what an amazing group of people this really is. xxxx

      Delete
  10. I love the look but I always worry about how they'll wear (Not that I ever manage to keep a color on for too long haha). How long did you wear them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I would say they only last for about a day. I would do them for an event and put the beads on once your dressed and ready to go. That way they will stay perfect for as long as possible!

      Delete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...