Friday 13 April 2012

Black and White Challenge: Day 5 Golden Dots

Good Morning my dears! 


This is the fifth day in the Black and White Challenge. I can't believe we are halfway through this challenge already. These girls have been creating some absolutely unbelievable nail art and I'm sure today is no exception :)


Today's challenge is a colour base with something black. I had so many ideas for this. I literally had an entire page in my sketchbook done with ideas, there were SO MANY possibilities! I put 4 random letters out to everyone on Facebook and Twitter and asked them what I should do. The letter with the most responses corresponded to dots! 


blak-dot-nail-art


I started with 2 coats of Orly's Luxe, which is a delicious gold foil. It is for sure my favourite gold polish.  Then I took a small dotting tool and Wet n Wild's Black Creme and started creating the rows of curved V's. 

blak-dot-nail-art


blak-dot-nail-art

I feel like this is a bit of a nail art fail for me. I just think that I thought it would look a little different on my nails, maybe its my new shorties that are throwing me off lol. Do you like my new nubbins? 

blak-dot-nail-art


blak-dot-nail-art

Also my top coat on my middle nail photographed really weird. It looks like its all lumpy, but IRL I don't notice that at all! And the dots ran a little bit on my ring finger. 

blak-dot-nail-art

I think the above is my favourite picture of it. I had hoped for a little more of a curtain look, but oh well I'll stop judging myself and ask what do you think? Nail art fail or do you like it? 

And don't you dare forget to check out what my amazing challenge buddies have done, the sexy6!!! 

The Lacquerologist


PS. This might not be my only post today! Check back around 5pm EST! :) 

10 comments:

  1. This is a really pretty manicure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that orly gold color.. i must get that soon.
    Am still bad at making dots but your pattern came out really well.
    I wish i came across this challenge early but nevertheless am catching up *.*
    Do chek mine and let me know what you think??
    your new follower...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminds me of dominos! Still cool though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these dots Stephanie, so pretty & love the Orly polish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Esther! <3 The orly is great, it is my favourite gold I own :)

      Delete
  5. Great dotting, love the black on gold!

    ReplyDelete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...