Friday 30 March 2012

I Really Like Tribal Nails

Happy Friday Everyone! 


I hope you have all had an excellent week and and if not well it's almost the weekend! For today's mani I started out knowing I really wanted to do tribal nails because I love them and haven't done any in a while. I spent like 2 hours on the internet looking at various tribal like patterns, both nails and just random images searching for my inspiration. When I finally sat down to do my nails I had looked at so much that I don't really know where the inspiration came from. So if I used something of yours credit goes to you! This is what came out of 2 hours of looking at various tribal patterns! 


tribal-nail-art


I started with 2 coats of OPI's Fly from the Nicki Minaj Collection. Then I took my black striper and created an outline of the different patterns I wanted. Then I used Essence's Wanna Be Your Sunshine to fill in where I wanted the yellow. I took a white striper and filled in the white areas and then used Sally Hansen's Celeb City and a striper brush to fill in all the silver areas. WBYS needed about 3 coats to be fully opaque over Fly. So I waited for this to dry. At this point it was a hot mess. Colours everywhere no definition. I was thinking I had an epic fail. But once it was dry I went back over the outlines I had made in back to really give some areas definition. Then I felt some of the areas needed a little filling in with more black stripes. And finally I grabbed a small dotting tool and added them in black and white in various places! 


tribal-nail-art

tribal-nail-art


I think this is the most intricate mani that I have ever done! I love it and am still wearing it now :) 


tribal-nail-art

tribal-nail-art

I love this so much so there are a lot of pictures! 

tribal-nail-art

tribal-nail-art

tribal-nail-art

tribal-nail-art


What do you think of my crazy detailed tribal nails? 


Also since everyone loved my peeling snakeskin mani so much yesterday would you guys like me to do a tutorial for it? Let me know! 


AND Have you entered my 50 Follower Giveaway yet? If not go enter now! Click that link or the tab across the top :) 


Hope you have a happy Friday lovelies! 


Sincerely Stephanie

16 comments:

  1. These are incredible! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks awesome! You did it all with nail polish? I am having some trouble doing nail art with polish...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yup all with polish and nail art brushes. I find you just need to be patient and really wait for layers to dry. I think I did about 4 coats of the yellow before it was opaque. Otherwise putting too much down at once it will spread out and run :)

      Delete
  3. This is so beautiful!! :D Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is AMAZING! It's so intricate & detailed! I love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these Stephanie! I need to try and do a tribal manicure, I think it's one look that is great for longernails but mine are too stubby!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Esther! Tribal can look awesome on short nails, I think it would look chic! I'd love to see you do some :)

      Delete
  6. Cool design, I luv tribals too :)

    ReplyDelete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...