Wednesday 22 February 2012

Ahoy Matey! It's some Nautical Art!

Ahoy Matey!


Today I have some nautical nail art to show you! A few weeks ago I was teasing my boyfriend about getting him to paint my nails and he said he would help me come up with themes and I could paint them. He immediately suggested nautical! He said I needed an anchor and wheels and some of those life preservers. So here is it

nautical-nail-art

I used Orly's Royal Navy as the blue, I thought it was appropriate no? And then added white rings using China Glaze White on White with a nail art brush. Once that was dry I took China Glaze Vermillion and added the red parts of the life preservers with another brush. For the ropes I combined OPI Samoan Sand with Wet n Wild Shield and drew with a nail art brush. Then I took OPI You Don't Know Jacques and added the details on the rope. For the anchors and wheels I drew the original shape with You Don't Know Jacques and then mixed Wet n Wild's The Wonder Yellows with Samoan Sand and Shield and drew on the more sparkly details. 

nautical-nail-art

nautical-nail-art

nautical-nail-art

I had so much fun doing this nail art! I think I will be challenging myself and trying more freehand drawings soon! What do you think of nautical nails? Do you like to freehand your designs? 

Until next time,
Sincerely Stephanie

2 comments:

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...