Friday 20 January 2012

Ninja Turtle Paint Splatter!!

So I finally got around to trying a splatter manicure. First of all let me say that it was a hell of a lot messier and more intense than I originally anticipated. I wanted to take pictures of the mess and of my hands, but they were covered in so much polish that I was afraid to touch my camera! 


Here was the finished product! 

I absolutely love they way it turned out! I think it looks so cool! This was inspired by Chalkboard Nails and she said that the colours were inspired by Donatello, the purple ninja turtle!! If you aren't as big a nerd as I am here is Donatello,


In order to get this ninja inspired paint splatter I used, Essie's Mint Candy Apple as a base, then splattered OPI's Never Enough Shoes, Essie's Mesmerize, Green Striper and Sally Hansen's Psychedelic Purple in that order. 




On many of the tutorials that I have read for this they recommend using a straw that is smaller than a regular sized straw. So I found a very small straw that was only about an inch and a half long and extraordinarily skinny. This did not work so well for me. The polish ended up backing up into the straw because it was so small and I wasn't able to clean it out easily, which caused polish to get on my lips. HOT. Blue, green and purple on your lips is not the best look I have ever tried. 



However, regardless of the nail polish that I was finding on my arms for days I think this look is kind of amazing. I had someone at work stop me while I was explaining something in a meeting to ask if I did them myself. So funny. 








Overall this was SUCH a successful manicure. Although cleaning polish out of 10 cuticles is a bit of a chore. I will most definitely be trying this again, however with a normal sized straw! This way I won't end up trying to start a new fashion trend by wearing nail polish on my lips!


Until next time,
Sincerely Stephanie

1 comment:

  1. I have never cared for the splatter manicure, until NOW that is. This is simply art,beautiful, colorful amazing art!

    ReplyDelete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...